Friday 3 May 2013

Being Taurus

Being a Taurus is quite great, especially in May. It means it's my birthday very soon. 38 and proud. I normally don't get thrilled or crazy about my birthday but for some reason, this year I am looking forward to it. Another year to celebrate with those I love. Why should we be scared or sad to climb one number higher on the age scale. I will squeal with each new number from this point on. That is my new measure of success. Another year means more hugs, more laughs, more time with friends and family, more time with my husband and kidlets (XOXO) and more time doing my best at enjoying all the beautiful things around me.

Back to being a Taurus.  According to one site, Tauruses are stable, balanced, conservative good, law-abiding citizens and lovers of peace, possessing all the best qualities of the bourgeoisie. Tauruses are gentle, even tempered, good natured, modest and slow to anger, disliking quarreling and avoiding ill-feeling. Equally unexpected are their occasional sallies into humor and exhibitions of fun. Another site says: Taurus is a Fixed Earth sign, ruled by Venus.  As the second sign in the zodiac, the Taurus individual is a stable, conservative, home-loving individual who will always make a loyal friend or partner.  So now for the bad...And oh yes, lest we forget, the Taurus individual is stubborn - the most stubborn of all the zodiac signs.  Once he forms an opinion, he is immovable, and nothing will change his mind. If they are provoked, however, they can explode into violent outbursts of ferocious anger in which they seem to lose all self-control.  LOL. You don't say. Stubborn? I didn't know about this aspect of my zodiac sign....well, maybe a touch, in certain circumstances, far and few between.....not convincing you aren't I. OK, OK so I am stubborn. Which is probably why after all my family's pleas to stay home the WHOLE week and rest up, I decided it was wise to head back to work on Wednesday, a mere 6 days after having surgery for removing cancer from my body. Why not. I felt good. I felt rested. I missed my co-workers. I felt I had a responsibility. Felt I had something to prove. Felt that some others have it worse and move on still. Felt guilty for laying so much in bed. Just felt ready....but like the saying goes: one step forward, two steps back. And two steps is what I have taken back. I lasted at work on Wednesday until 2pm. I should have left by noon had I been listening to my body (and parts of my brain telling me to go). I didn't though. So Wednesday night put me back where I started. Weak, exhausted, swollen, sore and in bed. Thursday, some of the same. Today, yup no change. So here I am at home still, sitting in my stretch pants (no moo-moo yet), my heated bean bag on my abdomen, warm coffee, Sarah McLachlan on the Bose and plans of resting up. As stubborn as I can be and thinking I can do it all, I am stepping back. I guess even Superwoman goes on the occasional vacay. So I look forward to this evening, having my lovely sister Julie cook me dinner, help with the kids and sleep over to keep me company and help out (and sure she is also coming to keep an eye on me and have her finger ready to wag in my direction should I try to do something more than I should be doing).

Sigh.....
 

1 comment:

lifein360 said...

I think stubborness is a trait that was passed down to ALL of the C-Sisters. Make no mistake. ;)